Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sriarcha Grilled Tofu



July 4th....burgers and brats and hot dogs!
I'm a bit done with the grilled meats for a bit. Paul did have a bit of a sneer when I mentioned that we were having tofu for dinner; however, once he tried this recipe he gave it the "thumbs up".

I did not keep out any sauce for dipping as recommended in the recipe. I used 2 blocks of tofu just because I wasn't sure if I would have enough for the meal. Other than that, I made it as directed except for cooking it stovetop versus grilling. Paul did not think tofu was worth the grilling effort:)

I was intrigued by this recipe after reading it on the Bitten Word blog, and since we love rooster sauce, so I thought this would be a good recipe to try. I still had the Bon Appetit that had the recipe in it, so I quickly looked at the original; however, the blog had a picture of the recipe that looked great. I think their picture looks even better than the one in the magazine.

I'm an adventurous cook, so I thought I would go for it and try this one. Whew...it's spicy. I always feel like I have to sell Paul on meatless meals, so the Korean BBQ note in the magazine was the fact I could use to sell it. Paul is a huge Korean BBQ fan...just ask my sister who witnessed Paul and Eleanor eating fatty meat over the hibachi at a restaurant in the Korean district in LA! Lisa and I weren't thrilled with the fatty meat idea but really enjoyed watching them relish the meal.

I tried hot yoga the night I was serving this for dinner.....yoga, tofu...hmmmm...now I need to tie-dye a few clothing items!

Anyway, this is a Korean BBQ entree that we can all enjoy!


Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin