Monday, July 11, 2011

Spinach and Bacon Pasta Toss


This recipe was on a calendar posted at a colleague's desk. Every time during the featured month I would visit that clinic in the course of my job I would salivate over the picture of the pasta. After Day 3 or so of this I asked for a copy. What I really wanted was a serving of this delicious looking pasta...but settling for the recipe seemed OK too.

I have had it in my pile of recipes for quite awhile....just not getting to this one. I decided that it would be a good time to try it and to substitute arugula for spinach to use some of the garden abundance. I whipped up a home made dressing...balsamic vinegar and olive oil and a bit of Penzey's Greek Seasoning.

Eleanor is calling this one meat lover's pasta since it has both chicken and bacon.

It came together quickly which is a good thing since summer evenings often a quick dinner is needed. It's nice not to have the homework piece of the evening for a bit but many nights dinner needs to come together quickly after violin and swimming and drivers ed and my work! I'm still waiting for some lazier summer evenings...maybe tomorrow?
Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin