Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Beans and Barley Spicy Peanut Noodle Salad

There's a slight aversion in this house to peanut butter mixed with anything and served as a meal. I created that problem with THE SOUP (see 1/13/11 post). I seem to be the only one here without that problem....sometimes I crave spicy, gingery, garlicky, peanutty noodles. I hadn't made this version before but thought I would try it to get the entire serving bowl to myself.

I have made other versions of this but had the clipping from the newspaper in my pile, so I thought I would give this one a try. I added some diced cucumber and used fresh chives from the pot on my patio instead of scallions called for in the recipe. I had some cilantro from my garden as well, so I threw that in. I used 2 T soy sauce total...not worrying about the ingredients shoyu and soy sauce.

I like this and will have it for lunch at work a couple days this week. The recipe is from one of my favorite places to eat near work...Beans and Barley. I don't think I have ever eaten something I don't like from the restaurant or deli. There's a Whole Foods across the street, which I like also, but I'm glad to see that this smaller place is still really busy as well.

Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin