Saturday, July 23, 2011

Smoked Pork Chops

Paul is the smoking guy...the meat smoking guy, that is!

He had been proposing smoked grilled pork chops for dinner for a few days. The problem was that he had this idea on the day the CSA box came when I really felt I needed to prepare a lot of the vegetables. The box came on Thursday...by Saturday I was ready for his porkchops. They were even on sale!

He sprinkled both sides of them with a a bit of seasoned salt, Penzeys Arizona Dreaming, Grill mates barbecue seasoning, Galena Street,and Penzeys garlic powder and put them in the smoker for about 2 hours. Cooled and refrigerated them grilling them right before dinner.

They were delicious! I think we'll have to be a bit more organized about this in the future and have him smoke a few more and wrap and freeze them for some quicker meals.

Our friends Meghan and Scott enjoyed this dinner that included some grilled potatoes and CSA salad (lettuce, mini tomatoes, cucumbers, and feta with a balsamic and olive oil dressing). And just having them here threw me off a bit with the picture taking job, so I took a picture of the leftover porkchop. I guess that's OK since you already know what a salad looks like as well as what roasted potatoes look like.

Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin