What a treat! I can just hear Bill Cosby talking about chocolate cake for breakfast since this is very chocolate cake-like! I was looking for something a bit fun for the last week of summer yet still be a fairly healthy way to start the day. I needed to omit the nuts in the original recipe, so I ended up making it as outlined below:
- 1 cup rolled oats, processed into flour
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- one egg
- Preheat to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a mini bundt pan.
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour into pans. Keep batter level below the center indent if you want them to look like donuts.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until slightly firm. Let cool in pan and then turn over to pop out.