Sunday, July 17, 2011

Chorizo and Date Skewers

This recipe served as an idea only since I made quite a few substitutions. I'm happy with the result though and would make it my way again. I probably will try it the way it is written at some point too.

I didn't have couscous, so I used rice and substituted lemon for the orange called in the couscous recipe. I think I would prefer couscous next time but the rice was OK too.

I grilled one pitted apricot on each skewer instead of the dates called for in the recipe and added red bell pepper, just because I had some.

All three of us liked the tartness of the apricot with the spiciness of the sausage, a fine Milwaukee product, Usinger's chorizo. It would not work to use the Trader Joe's soy product since that has a crumbly texture and firmer sausage is needed to put on the skewers.

This meal came together VERY quickly, so I'll have to broaden my sausage kebab repertoire for the future.


Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin