Monday, October 31, 2011

Puree of Vegetable Soup


After the success I had with the homemade tomato soup, I decided to try again. This time I took what I had and made it up as I went along. The picture looks great! It is missing the potatoes I decided to add, but the best part is that everything that went into this soup except the chicken broth came from my CSA box! Yup, tomatoes, carrots, jalepeno, leeks, celery root, russet potatoes, sage and summer savory, all from boxes from the last few weeks!

Here is what I had and what I did...

5-7 Tomatoes, variety of kinds
1 Jalepeno

I cleaned and cut the tomatoes and Jalepeno in half and broiled them for about 10 minutes. I then peeled the tomatoes and threw everything in a soup pot.

2 peeled and chunked russet potatos(small)
2 leeks, well cleaned and sliced
4 cloves garlic, peeled
2 carrots(I had one yellow carrot, but could use regular carrots) cleaned and chunked
1 celery root peeled and chunked

I drizzled olive oil over these vegetables, then added salt, pepper, savory and sage. These I roasted until al dente and then added everything to the soup pot.

I cooked this mixture with 4 cups chicken broth for about an hour and then pureed in batches.
The finished product...lots of tomato and celery root flavor! Delicious!


Print Page
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin