Sunday, October 23, 2011

Papparadelle with Corn...or Summer's Last Hurrah

This is a pretty one! Can't say it was too much like the recipe since the recipe was more of an inspiration. The thing I made is good, so next summer I'll plan to try the original since that may be even better.
Papparadelle...no...just used the pasta I had. Our Sendik's didn't have the correct shape, so I'll have to look for it at the Italian grocery store, Glorioso's.
Fresh corn....no...I was too late in the season for it so I used frozen. I cringe typing that since that's probably worse than the pasta substitution.
White wine....no...just increased the broth.
Fresh basil...no...it was cold and windy and I just couldn't go grab some off my remaining plants, so I used dried.
Green onions...no....sauteed a bit of white onion at the start of the recipe.
5 T butter...no...a T or so of olive oil.
My version of this was good, so we'll see how we like the original in the future!


Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin