Thursday, October 6, 2011

Crockpot Jambalaya

 The fifth and final crock pot meal! This turned out to be Sunday's dinner and it made a lot. Brian was at a golf outing, so it was just the three of us and we barely put a dent in it so, can you say leftovers? I used the Crockpot Jambalaya recipe from Southern Food. I did make some changes, I used 28 ounces of fresh tomatoes from my CSA box, I used turkey smoked sausage, I omitted the wine(I didn't have any)and increased the chicken broth, I used brown rice and I added a jalapeno pepper.

The cooking time seemed fine, but my version turned out to have too much liquid. I would start with 1/2 cup chicken broth next time. I would also increase the Cajun seasoning. Once you add the rice and shrimp, if the mixture seems too dry, you can always add more broth. The recipe says it serves 8, I would think more like 10-12, but then we are a small portion family.

As I finish this Crock Pot run, I do realize that I didn't post my pot roast recipe...since I failed to take a picture of it, I will post this recipe when I make it again...it is a staple, so it shouldn't be too long!

Hopefully you have enjoyed my little Crock Pot experiment...my daughter thought I should continue the trend with skillet week, no-cook week, bake week and stove top week...we'll see about that, just stay tuned!

Print Page

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I think that's a great idea...skillet week, no bake week, etc!

    ReplyDelete

pin