Saturday, October 15, 2011

Sweet Pumpkin Ravioli with Herbed Sauce


It's a bit hard to compete with Elizabeth's version of this with her homemade ravioli! Here's a version of pumpkin ravioli made with wonton wrappers. I got this recipe from my sister in law years and years ago. I hadn't made it in a long time since it does require significant prep hours, but I was fairly certain Eleanor would appreciate it, and I do work part-time...so recently I put it together for my pumpkin/sweet potato loving daughter on a day off.

Ravioli:
Combine:
1 c pumpkin puree
1 c cooked mashed sweet potato
pinch nutmeg
dash salt and pepper
Place about 1 T filling on a wonton wrapper. Seal edges with water and allow to dry slightly.
Sauce:
4 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1/2 c milk (skim is fine)
1/2 c plain yogurt( I used Greek yogurt)
1 T white flour
1/2 T basil
dash thyme
Mash together cream cheese yogurt, and milk in small saucepan. do not boil but warm and whisk in flour. Stir until very smooth. Remove from heat and add herbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin