Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Crock Pot Baked Chicken

So I debated this morning...I forgot to take a picture of the baked crock pot chicken, do I still post it? Well, I decided that everyone knows what a chicken would look like in a crock pot, so here I go...use your imagination, there won't be any pictures!

This was my most daring crock pot attempt...I was having a hard time visualizing a "baked" chicken coming out of a crock pot! I washed the chicken, heavily seasoned with salt and pepper, put a cut lemon in the cavity and rubbed the outside of the bird with crushed garlic. I then followed Shannon's Crockpot Roasted Chicken recipe loosely. I omitted the paprika and butter and cooked it for much less time. I did cook it for an hour on high, I felt this high heat would kill anything we didn't want to eat, and then I lowered the temp to low. I cooked it for about 3 1/2 hours and that was plenty. The result was delicious...flavored with lemon and garlic, the meat was probably the most tender chicken ever baked in this house. This would be a great way to cook a chicken for casserole meat...very flavorful and tender.

A note on the "roasted" or "baked" label...this really comes out to be more of a poached chicken...the skin doesn't brown very much so if you are looking for a "presentation" meal, stick to regular baking. I would definitely do this again...easy and tasty.
Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin