Thursday, October 13, 2011

Nora's dinner


Check out Nora's blog, knotmuchofaknitter for all kinds of things...including her more original version of this dinner idea.

This is a good one dish meal. The only problem for me is that it requires baking for 40 minutes or so. I can usually do this on the weekend or on an earlier night (when we have those).

In 1/4 c olive oil in an ovenproof skillet brown
3 Italian sausages cut into 1" chunks
Add 1/2 lb or more of chicken breasts. Nora browns them and then cuts them, I have cut them before adding and browning them. I think whatever works for you is fine.

Add:
2-3 med onions, cut into wedges
5-6 cloves garlic, minced
red peppers cut into strips. I added red and green peppers from the freezer. Sometimes I add roasted red peppers instead of fresh or in addition to fresh peppers
2-3 russet potatoes, cut into 1/8" pieces
salt, pepper, thyme, and oregano all in generous amounts

Remove the skillet from the stove. After I add the ingredients after the meat I just saute these items for a few minutes.
Bake uncovered for 40 minutes or so at 400 degrees.

Add 1/3 c red wine vinegar by sprinkling it over the top and bake 10 minutes more. I used balsamic vinegar this time....that's what was in the pantry.

On the night I took the picture I roasted fresh Brussels sprouts as well by cutting off the bottoms and removing the loose leaves. I tossed the Brussels Sprouts with olive oil and salt and pepper and put them in the oven to roast for 50 minutes.

I was feeling like additional vegetables were in order that night as well, so I tossed some baby carrots(with olive oil and salt and pepper) in the oven with 30 minutes or so to go. If I have enough peppers and feel like it gives us enough vegetables then I skip the additional roasted veggies.


Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin