Friday, October 7, 2011

Sweet Potato Barley "Risotto"



Not sure the origin of the original version of this. But, I'm always happy to revisit a crockpot recipe for a post swimming/workout evening.

The version I have on my recipe card says to do some of the prep work by sauteeing the onions and garlic and adding the barley/stock to a pan...THEN transferring it to the slowcooker. I just dumped everything in the slowcooker and turned it on before leaving for work in the morning and it tasted fine to us.

When I told Paul what we were having for dinner he didn't think it sounded very good, but he liked it (and he told me I could talk about that in the blog)!

2 med onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 t rosemary
1 1/2 c barley
3 c stock
2 large sweet potatoes, cut into 1/4" cubes
Place the sweet potatoes in the slowcooker and top with everything else.

Serve with Parmesan or bleu cheese and a bit of black pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin