Thursday, October 20, 2011

Homemade Tomato Soup

I have never attempted homemade tomato soup, but recently I had lots of tomatoes from my CSA box that needed to be used.  My son loves tomato basil soup, so I set out to find a recipe and came across Tomato Soup with Parmesan Toast.  While it only has a 3 star rating, we loved it. The addition of the fennel is lovely and this is a creamy soup with a lot of body, without any cream. I used an entire fennel bulb, tops and all and I didn't peel the tomatoes, I just through everything together.  I used about 2 pounds of fresh tomatoes in place of the canned tomatoes, omitted the thyme and added 1/2 can of tomato paste that was leftover from another recipe. All of the vegetables came from my CSA box except the fennel!

Dinner that night was tomato soup with grilled cheese and a green salad...a big hit!



Print Page
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin