Friday, October 28, 2011

Crockpot Tacos with Tomatillo Sauce


This is a good and hearty crockpot dinner...courtesy of Rick Bayless. I have raved about his food and his restaurants in previous blog posts, so I won't do that again!!! I didn't find his recipe with an online search, but I'll let you know what I did when making this on the current round.

In the crockpot layer the following ingredients:
1 med onion, cut into 1/4" rounds
4 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4" rounds
1 lb chicken breasts (I put them in whole)
1 c cilantro
2 cans tomatillos, sliced in half
small can of pickled jalapenos....entire can...juice and all.

Cook on low 6-8 hours. Serve on tortillas or rice with a bit of feta cheese and salsa. Hmmm...avocados would be good also.

The original recipe called for yukon golds but I used the russets I had in the pantry. It also called for fresh tomatillos; I need to run to the Mexican market to get good and inexpensive ones. Since I didn't have time to do that I went with the canned version.

Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin