Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Cannellini with Shredded Brussels Sprouts and Sausage


Cannellini with Shredded Brussels Sprouts and Sausage 
This looked like a bowlful of nutrients (and a bit of sausage)....beans and Brussels sprouts...yum.  Since this recipe is made up of favorite ingredients I thought it looked like a pleasing, healthy, and quick dinner.

I was especially curious to try the shredded Brussels sprouts since the description was that they were a bit carmelized.  My mini food processor has been getting use this week between the sweet potatoes for the fritter recipe and the Brussels sprouts for this one. The Brussels sprouts I used were frozen, so it didn't quite work as planned to put them in the mini food processor.....the result was a bit more like sprout-mash.  So, I rough chopped the rest.  That would be my recommendation if using frozen...rough chop.

Eleanor and I both liked this.  Liked...not loved.  It was perfectly fine, and it wouldn't be bad to have again; however, I don't think it will be on any regular rotation at this house.  Not because it was bad, but because there are other things to repeat and other things to try.

Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin