Friday, February 24, 2012

Egg Roll/Wonton Skin Crackers


Wonton Skin Crackers
Now, why didn't I think of that?

The days are getting longer, so gardening season isn't too far away.  I really need to have the freezer a bit more empty before the CSA and the garden begins.  I know, I know....I have quite awhile yet.  But it doesn't hurt to start moving some of these items!  I'm still trying to figure out a great use for a tiny bit of cauliflower in there.  On a scale of 1-10....I have a number of uses for cauliflower that rate a 5, but I'm still waiting for the recipe that is a 10!  You know, the one that makes me turn cartwheels when cauliflower arrives.  The cauliflower equivalent of the kohlrabi and ham bake....

This recipe/link came up on foodbuzz.  An awesome site that reminds me that's it is good for me to go to work.  I could get lost on this site and the connected sites and spend most of my days cruising in cyber-space.  I'm not too disciplined that way since the browsing is interesting.   I actually thought about skipping body pump to peruse these sites.  Yikes...close call....back to reality!

I had eggroll wrappers in the freezer from the cookie dough eggrolls.  I'm trying to save my waistline from making those again, so this seemed like a good time to pull these out and try a new idea with them.  I'm not on a full detox for the freezer yet, but it doesn't hurt to start slowly.  I try to keep only things I will use in the freezer...like cooked chicken breasts, chicken, a couple Trader Joe's items, fruit for smoothies, etc.  Even so, it's nice to get to the bottom of it every so often, especially as the days are starting to get longer.  The bittenword dudes are cleaning their food storage areas as well, so it will be fun to see what they dig out of the depths too. Then the fun re-stock can begin.

I did not cut the cool shapes nor make the fruity sauce...just cut the wrappers into rectangle shapes and brushed with olive oil; then sprinkled some with sesame seeds and some with salt.  Delicious with the hummus I made yesterday.  This works for now...but this could go many fun places......lots of ideas for fun crackers in the future....



Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin