Sunday, February 26, 2012

Gina's Cajun Chicken Pasta


I'm on a bit of a delay, so we had this after Mardi Gras.  I needed to purchase the mushrooms for this recipe and didn't have a grocery store outing until after the big day.  Chicken breasts were in the freezer, so I pulled them out for a couple hours of thawing, then sliced them.  That's a great trick...having the meat mostly frozen to get some nice size slices cut then defrosting it the rest of the way.  Then some sprinkling of  Penzey's Cajun spice on the chicken, the vegetables sliced and held separately, and this came together quickly upon our return home.

I omitted all the salt mentioned in the recipe.  Scallions were omitted as well. Cajun seasoning from Penzeys was used when I made it.

No fancy new knife like Gina had:)  But the recipe was awesome!  

Love this recipe!
Cajun Chicken Pasta
Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin