Thursday, February 23, 2012

Potatoes and Peas in Red Curry Sauce


Potatoes and Peas in Red Curry Sauce
The link will take you to the recipe I made, but I found it in The Gourmet Vegetarian Slow Cooker book.

It's been extreme with the new recipes at this house lately.  I think it stems from my fear of running out of blog ideas.....causing me to check out many library books and mark numerous pages.  It seems that the recipes go one way or the other....love it...or not cardworthy.  Eleanor thinks I have hit some duds lately.  I just may have to revert to some tried and true favorites to win her back.  Macaroni and cheese!  Fish tacos!  Greek Chicken Pitas!  Although, these duds have been offset a bit by the clear winner of the month, pumpkin butter and coffee-less pumpkin lattes.

Everything can't be a winner...and now she can appreciate those recipes that are worth repeating.  This falls into the not worth repeating....not bad....not great...perfectly adequate dinner.  I do think something can be done to make this a bit better, so I'm going to think about that for a bit.  It was just....bland.

This recipe caught my eye since it looked warm and hearty.  The split cooking times make it more challenging since I really like the idea of throwing it all in before leaving the house and having dinner ready upon our return.  So, I made it on a day off.  It seemed to work on the timing, since I prepped it early morning and then plugged it in after returning from body pump in the late morning  Before leaving to pick Eleanor up from school (and round two of the Y),  I threw the ingredients for the 2nd half in the crockpot.  That meant that it cooked for closer to 4 hours on this round since there was practice and drylands (and a walk and zumba for me).  When we returned I finished it by throwing in the peas.

My thoughts...it's not so good for a work day dinner even though it's in the crockpot.  Probably better for a Saturday or day off when you're running in and out of the house between activities.I'll keep that in mind as I think about how I should use the rest of the red curry paste I bought for this recipe.  Another thought is that the red curry paste I bought may be the issue...maybe a different brand would have a bit more flavor?

Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin