Monday, September 26, 2011

Sweet Potato Baked Doughnuts




I saw this recipe in a Food and Wine magazine I was paging through while waiting to get my hair cut a couple months ago. I copied it but later found it online so I could link it to the title. The first time I made these I ended up being a bit short on time and didn't allow them to rise quite as long as I should have. I thought these would be a good thing to make on a lazy Sunday morning when I could let them rise as long as needed.

I did substitute pumpkin for the sweet potato by using on can of pumpkin. I did not add the rum or the vanilla bean but used 2 t vanilla extract as a substitute. Instead of rolling each one in butter and cinnamon and sugar we brushed the tops with butter and used a shaker with cinnamon and sugar.



Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin