Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Italian Meatballs

About twice a year, I make a batch of small meatballs to store in the freezer for quick spaghetti dinners. I usually double my recipe, but this time I made a single batch...I adapt a recipe from myrecipes.com for these and they are always a hit at my house. The recipe is Italian Meatballs from Southern Living.  I didn't take a picture, sorry about that, but they look like, well, meatballs!

Here is what I did...
1 lb of ground turkey
3/4 c Italian style bread crumbs
1/2-3/4 c minced onions
3 large eggs, beaten
3/4 c Parmesan cheese, grated
salt and pepper
2 t fines herbes or Italian seasoning

Combine everything and form meatballs. I make mine to be about 3/4-1 inch in diameter so they don't fall apart.  I bake them on a cookie sheet at 400°F for 20-30 minutes. I freeze them in ziplock bags for quick meals!

Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin