Sunday, September 25, 2011

Squash and Gorgonzola and Arugula Pizza


I was looking for some meal ideas a couple weeks ago and came across this one on the foodnetwork website (see link above). The funny thing about this is that I had tried a pizza with squash a few years ago but never recorded the recipe. I found this one...then got the current issue of Self magazine (to use up frequent flyer miles on some airline we rarely use) and found another recipe with squash on pizza.

On a recent Sunday I peeled, chopped, and roasted the squash and put the remaining pieces in the freezer. That means I can try the version from the magazine as well. It doesn't look too different just mixing the type of cheese and the type of greens. I think squash...already cooked...just may be one of my favorite freezer items.

So this has become the blog post of links...follow the magazine link to that recipe or the link from the title to the one more similar to the one I made.

I used cheddar cheese instead of mozzarella since I prefer using an open package rather than opening a new one. I used butternut squash and did not roast it with maple syrup but instead with a bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper.

Rave reviews at this house from all, so I will make it again!
(above picture before it is baked)
(below picture hot out of the oven)


Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin