Thursday, September 15, 2011

Sandwich Focaccia


Ah...the weekend. Time to re-group and get ready for the next week. This one seemed to be full of high school fun for Eleanor and a good time for me to get a few things done at home. In addition to a couple nice workouts, a swim meet, dinner out with Paul, loads of laundry, and a list for the week, I was able to make this recipe over the weekend. Specifically, I made it on Sunday afternoon while Eleanor was participating in homecoming activities. I was glad to be home to help shuttle some student council items to the high school for the kids...and that was easy enough to do while the washing machine and the dishwasher were running and I was checking the results from the Wisconsin Ironman. We usually get to Madison to watch part of this incredible feat of athleticism, but homecoming activities interfered with my fun:) It was a beautiful weekend with the feel of fall in the air.

Back to the recipe. I'm not sure where I got this or even if it's a few recipes combined:
2 1/4 t yeast
Stir into 2 c warm water.
Add:
1 t sugar
3 T olive oil
1 t salt
1 c whole wheat flour
about 5-6 c white flour..until it's a nice elastic dough. Let rise 1 1/4 hour. Roll it flat into a pizza pan and let rise 1 hour or so. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. dimple dough with fingers and brush with olive oil. Optional (this was done for the picture): sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and herbs (Penzey's Greek seasoning).
Bake 30 minutes or so.

On Monday morning I went for a run and came home to this:


What is it?
It's my beautiful loaf on the floor with dog bite marks around the edges. I'm not sure what this means that she didn't eat it all. Is it good? Bad? I came home too soon and should have made my run longer?
The strange thing is that she is not usually a counter-cruiser dog. We can leave food on the counter without her eating it. We have left her in the car with food...and she hasn't touched it. She had an episode like this a couple years ago at my parent's house....zucchini nut bread at that time. Maybe she doesn't get enough carbs in her dog food?
Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin