Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Peach and Raspberry Cobbler


Eleanor found the this recipe when paging through cookbooks on Sunday morning. It's in the Joy of Cooking All About Breakfast and Brunch book she bought as a gift for me. It was excellent timing since I had gone through things in the freezer that morning and found 1/2 bag of frozen raspberries.....and peaches were on sale at Sendik's.

This was a dessert on Sunday evening after our salmon, green beans, and potatoes and then worked as breakfast the next morning. That was a good thing since I slept in a bit on Monday morning...all I had to do was warm this for her.

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In unbuttered pan place sliced peaches (recipe says 1 1/2+ pounds). Sprinkle with 2 c raspberries and 1/4 c sugar.
2. Whisk together thoroughly:
1 c flour
1 t baking soda
(recipe called for 1/4 t salt which I omitted)
3. In separate bowl beat until light and fluffy:
4 T butter, softened
1/3 c sugar
4. Beat in egg
5. Add 1/2 dry ingredients and beat until just incorporated and add 1/4 buttermilk (I used yogurt). Add the remaining dry ingredients and beat until batter is smooth.
6. Drop spoonfuls of batter on the fruit leaving a border on the edge of the pan to allow for expansion.
7. Bake until top golden brown...about 45 minutes.

It was part of a Sunday spent in the kitchen. I realized that the milk was stockpiling in the refrigerator, so I made rice pudding. Then I made cobbler. Then I made chocolate chip cookies for the spaghetti dinner on Monday evening. I roasted squash for a recipe (will blog about that in the future), made granola, and par-boiled potatoes for dinner. Every time I went in the family room the Green Bay Packers didn't do well, so I stayed in the kitchen to assist in the victory over Carolina!
Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin