Sunday, September 18, 2011

Curry Chicken Panini

This is one of those things I'm wondering why I didn't think of it earlier. I read a recipe in a magazine at the orthodontist that was somewhat similar to this. I can't remember what magazine...or exactly the ingredients...but it had some sandwich ideas, and I realized I had the ingredients at home.

On a day off I sprinkled chicken breasts with curry powder and baked them until done. I held them in the refrigerator until I needed a quick meal this week.

The quick meal was needed on a night I went to the Y for body pump and Eleanor was at high school practice. We were all hungry for dinner and this sandwich (and the fresh green beans) came together quickly.

Cream cheese mixed with mango chutney spread on the bread with chopped chicken and sliced apples. I bet cheddar cheese instead of the cream cheese would work well also.

That's it. A very simple dinner but very good.

Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin