Thursday, September 29, 2011

Corn Chex Squares

I got this recipe years ago from a co-worker after she had it at her daughter in law's house. I'm not a huge fan of marshmallows, so I never made these. I don't like the clean up from rice krispie squares, so I don't usually make those either (and the marshmallow thing). I do enjoy rice krispie treats someone else makes and sometimes find just a tiny bit of the marshmallows may be OK. Ah....one of the desserts that makes me think about growing up in the 70s:) However, I am stretching a bit to provide a variety of desserts for the swim team spaghetti dinners.



Although we can drop the dessert at the host house the day of the dinner, that just involves an extra step for me, so I'm trying to send the dessert with Eleanor when she goes to school. It's a bit tricky to find something that transports well and can sit in a school locker all day and still be good by evening. So, I found this card and thought I would give it a try.

I'm glad I saved this recipe since it did work out well.

Here it is:
2 c corn chex
2 1/2 c pretzel sticks, broken into pieces
1 1/2 c m &ms (I used peanut)
Melt:
1/2 c butter
1/3 c peanut butter
bag of mini marshmallows
Stir until melted. Add to above ingredients and spread into 9X13" pan (greased). The note says that it's also good with salted peanuts.

I am so happy Elizabeth's back!

Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin