Friday, September 16, 2011

Pasta with Garlic and Parsley


Pasta. Noodles. Macaroni. Carbs. It's what we live on in this house. Guess that's part of having a swimmer....Eleanor loves carbs and craves them before a meet. This high school swimming thing sure means a lot of meets..which means a lot of carbs. In her school the team gets together as a group and eats their pasta and bread and desserts the night before the meet. During club season I make the carbs. This meal was a bit of both...I made it but it was before a high school meet since other activities prohibited Eleanor going to the team dinner that night.

I had fresh garlic and fresh parsley from my CSA box, so it seemed like a good time to make this recipe. I made the oil sauce early in the day and let it sit so the flavors could blend (and for quicker assembly in the evening). It's one of those recipes I like since it takes a very few ingredients and puts them together in a delicious way. Typically I don't use this much oil and butter in a recipe, but it did work for this one. I just couldn't use quite as much as called for, so I used about 1/3 c olive oil and 3 T butter. I know that isn't cutting out much, but I feel a bit more righteous having done that. Just let me pretend that it mattered. Along the same lines, I decreased the salt to 1 t from 1 1/2. Let me pretend that made it healthy too.

I had some tomatoes from our garden, so sliced tomatoes along side this pasta...yum. No Atkins diet in this house!

This recipe was a three "thumbs up", so I will make this again.

And...YES...I'm so glad Elizabeth's back!!
Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin