Thursday, October 14, 2010

Asian Noodles

OK, I've already been scolded by one coworker about my absence from the blog...well, I'm back...sometimes life just gets in the way.

Since finding this recipe, I have made it twice, slightly different each time and my family loved it. My daughter took it to school for lunch and her friends kept stealing noodles! She had a friend over to work on a school project and the friend was thrilled there were noodles in the refrigerator! I guess what I am saying is, they are a hit! The basic recipe is, once again, from myrecipes.com. The recipe is for Saucy Chicken Lo Mein, but in the two versions I made, I never added any chicken.

The first time I made the recipe, I followed it exactly except I omitted the chicken. The ginger lovers, namely my husband and son, couldn't get enough. My daughter and I really liked it, but felt it was a bit heavy on the ginger. I did buy Sake so that  I could follow the recipe exactly, only to be informed by my foodie son that we had Mirin in the house.  I wasn't aware that Mirin is effectively sweetened Sake.

The second time I made these noodles, I replaced the Sake and Sugar with Mirin and I didn't add any ginger. Can you guess the results? Yes, my daughter and I prefer this version and my husband and son prefer the original.

I love this recipe! It makes a ton, it is a GREAT lunch option, it is fast and everyone likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin