Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pear Crisp


I know. I know. We're working on dinner for the family, but I just couldn't resist throwing in a link to this recipe and my adaptations. I think it can work for the blog because I got the fruit in the CSA box. Just think of it as an "extra" recipe that was posted.

Generally I cut way way back on the sugar by using 1/2 c brown sugar for the topping and 1/4 c sugar for the filling. Also in the topping, I "cut" the butter to one stick (1/2 cup). Hey, any cut in the fat is good! I don't put the almonds in it due to a food allergy at our house. And I use chocolate chips for the bittersweet chocolate..just because that's what I have. I used craisins for the dried tart cherries, because that's what I have in my larder. I threw in 2 sliced apples as well, just to use what was in the refrigerator.

Today I used oat bran in a 1:1 substitution for the flour, so we'll see how that tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin