Friday, October 8, 2010

Puff Pancake


This really is a different version of the post on 9/26. I'm not posting the same thing twice! This is the recipe I usually make on a weekday since it is a bit faster. We are huge fans of hot breakfast at our house and I really do make a hot breakfast every day. I think that it started when Eleanor was little and I had all day to cook and clean up. Anyway, it is a nice way for us to start our day since we're running around in the evening.

It's really good with a dollop of yogurt or sour cream and a drizzle of maple syrup and some strawberries. It's a recipe that I have adapted over the years.

3 eggs
3/4 c flour
3/4 c milk
2 T butter
1 T sugar
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease ovenproof skillet (about 12 inch diameter).
Beat all ingredients together until almost smooth. Pour into skillet and bake 15 minutes. reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake 10-15 more minutes until puffed and golden brown.

Serve with berries or other chopped fruit.

And...if you eat this and do Suzuki listening at the same time....it's going to be a good day! Some nice violin music and a good breakfast with the family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin