Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Roasted Garlic and Potato Soup

This week's soup comes from Myrecipes.com...I had a lot of potatoes from the CSA box, so potato soup sounded good. We are back to our full fall schedule and Tuesday night is definitely soup night. I followed the recipe exactly, but I have to say, 5 garlic heads produced more like a half cup of roasted garlic pulp, not a quarter cup.  I chose to use just 1/4 cup and I froze the rest. I have never frozen roasted garlic before, so that might end up being a mistake, if anyone knows if this will work, please send a comment! I also roasted the garlic in the morning and put the soup together in the afternoon...having worked with roasted garlic before, I know it is HOT, so I decided to let it cool before I had to handle it. I also used a variety of potatoes, I had purple potatoes, red potatoes and baking potatoes.

My family loved the soup, it was chowder-like and full of flavor. My son felt it needed more bacon, but then what couldn't use a little more bacon? The recipe fits Karen's family philosophy that a little bacon can't be that bad...two strips, what's the big deal! Here is the link, enjoy!

Roasted Garlic-Potato Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin