Friday, October 22, 2010

Mexican Lasagna

This recipe is a winter staple in our house...one pan makes enough for two full meals plus left overs so I usually freeze half for a meal in a week or two. The full recipe is on myrecipes.com, Mexican Lasagna. We were excited to be having it for the first time this year and forgot to take the picture before digging in!

A few changes that I make that we enjoy....I add a can of drained and rinsed black beans and I use a mexican blend cheese instead of cheddar for the top.  I also just add the cheese before baking, it turns out fine. This meal is one that I will make using the time/bake function on my oven on evenings that I am not home...it's great to walk in the door and be able to serve a nice, hot dinner! I usually serve this with a salad.

1 comment:

  1. It looks good with that piece taken out. I think that was for me!!!

    ReplyDelete

pin