Sunday, December 26, 2010

Mustard and Apricot Pork Tenderloin





RUO (recipe of unknown origin):
Marinate 2-1 lb pork tenderloins in:
1/2 c apricot preserves1/2 c balsamic vinegar
6 T grainy mustard

Grill until done...about 35 minutes or so(165 degrees)
Heat leftover marinade (after removing the pork for the grill) for 5 or more minutes or so killing anything nasty in it from the meat and serve pork with it.

I'm not a huge fan of sweet entrees but the vinegar and mustard must have cut the sugary taste, I thought it was just right. I had purchased one tenderloin thinking that would be enough for 5 of us; however, Paul and Eleanor gave me the best gift ever by going to Sendik's grocery store on 12/24 and getting another one. I'm glad that they did because we had 1/2 loin left.

I served this Christmas Day along with some potatoes, sweet potatoes, and a salad with baby greens (and bleu cheese and beets, and balsamic vinegar and oil dressing).

Paul made the potatoes, so he'll have to be a guest blogger in the future and tell us more about them. The sweet potatoes are the twice baked sweet potatoes I made for Thanksgiving. We all liked them, so a repeat was in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin