Monday, December 27, 2010

Deep-Dish Pecan Pie


 Over the years, I have been responsible for bringing pies for all the holidays. This year, my brother in law requested Pecan Pie. One thing I can say, Pecan Pie is one of the easiest pies to make, especially if you are like me and rely on Pillsbury Pie Crusts! You simply mix the filling, pour and bake! I have made Pecan Pie before, but I wouldn't say I have a regular recipe for it. Myrecipes.com had this recipe that I adapted to fit pie pans, Deep-Dish Pecan Pie.
Pie before it is baked


I wasn't interested in using a spring pan for the pie, so I simply adapted.  First, I skipped making the dough and went straight for the box of Pillsbury Pie Crusts. Second, I needed two pies, so I doubled the recipe. A double recipe of this filling makes three pies using 9" pyrex pie pans! Luckily I had an extra pie crust, so three it was!

This pie was awesome...not too sweet and loaded with Pecans...my brother in law loved it and with all the Christmas cookies and other treats there is plenty left for leftovers!


Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin