Sunday, April 8, 2012

Sweet Potato Black Bean Burgers


Sweet Potato Black Bean Burgers
Well, maybe these aren't really "burgers" but instead a healthy meal on a bun!

I changed it up a bit and added some chopped fresh cilantro and omitted the oregano (just to match the ingredients I had already).  I omitted the sunflower seeds as well.  They were a bit crumbly for the flip halfway through cooking (oops....forgot the oil), but it seemed OK to me...just made them more crumbly than pattied.

The Mexican flavors in this were screaming for a margarita! Yes, screaming for a margarita with fresh squeezed lime juice (limes are quite a deal at ethnic grocery stores).  Rick Bayless recipes for margaritas are the margarita version and the martini version.  In the past I have blogged about the martini version; but tonight I'm raving about the margarita version.  Roasted vegetables were a good side with these patties as well. Have I mentioned the margarita?  The only thing that would have made the margarita a bit better would be sitting outside...even on our patio would have been good.  But, since I'm dreaming I'll go big and say it would have been awesome on a beach.  With someone serving it to me:)

I think that Swiss cheese and barbecue sauce on just about anything would taste good.  And anything with one of these margaritas would taste good.  But, the patties (I think) would stand on their own as well. The long ingredient list was a bit daunting....but well worth the measuring. We loved these. 


Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin