Sunday, April 1, 2012

Ruth Reichl's Spaghetti Carbonara

Ruth Reichl's Spaghetti Carbonara 
Gotta love this.  I have had spaghetti carbonara.  I have made spaghetti carbonara.  BUT...not like this!
This recipe is right up my alley....noodles, bacon, fast.  I love how someone like Ruth Reichl can break something that I have made a more complicated version of...and get it to quick and delicious.  It's back to the basic and delicious version of the dish.  This recipe does not have cream...or sun dried tomatoes...just the basics. No frou frou here.

Garlic and Sapphires was a recent read of mine which followed the previous reads of her other bestsellers...Tender at the Bone and Comfort Me with Apples.  This one was an especially fun read because she elaborates on the disguises she used as a restaurant critic for the NYT!  Anyway, there are recipes in this book as well which always is a hit with me.

The carbonara may be the keeper recipe from this book. We had rotini carbonara.  I'm not sure how it happened..but the pasta options have dwindled in this house, so that needs to be remedied this weekend. I'm thinking that I may chop some bacon for this recipe and keep it in the freezer.  That way I can pull it out in the morning and be ready to go since the other ingredients are things I have on hand.  Hmmmm....just trying to think how to make it even faster!

Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin