Monday, April 16, 2012

Lemon Biscotti


Guess it must be the season.  I'm thinking about all the lemons on my sister's tree about this time of year.  Bags and bags of fresh, just picked lemons needing to be used.  This year I'm in Wisconsin with expensive lemons that need to be used sparingly. 

I was in the mood to have a sweet treat available for the week and it's just that time of year when thoughts are turning to lemons.  Biscotti...don't know why I'm thinking about it.  But lemon biscotti.....  sometimes it's just what is needed to get through the afternoon workout. Not bad for breakfast with a cup of tea either.

This is a bit of a made up lemon ginger recipe.
  •  2 1/2 c flour
  • 1 c sugar
  • 1 t baking soda
  • 1/4 t salt
  • 1/2 t ground ginger
  • zest from one lemon
  • juice from one lemon
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 T minced ginger
Combine dry ingredients.  Add wet ingredients and mix well.  Form into log shapes and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or so.  Let cool for 10 minutes or so and slice into logs.  Bake an additional 20 minutes with the cookies standing on end. 

I think next time I'll go with the juice from 2 lemons or put a glaze on them with lemon juice.  Just needing them to be a bit more lemon-y.
Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin