Saturday, September 4, 2010

Brats, Beans, and Beets

And corn! The veggie box came on Thursday, so I spent Friday night and Saturday morning using the end of summer/early fall produce. I'll have a few more recipes coming from this box, but I thought I would put dinner from last night on the blog today.

We received a large bag of green beans which I decided to roast in the oven at 400 degrees or so. I drizzled them with olive oil and salt and pepper and let them roast. I put in the beets at the same time (on a different pan) and let them roast until fork tender as well. I peeled and sliced the beets and sprinkled them with feta cheese. I had one package of bratwurst left in the freezer that I had gotten earlier in the summer and decided to cook those as well. The corn, well, it looks better than it tasted! Just for the record, the beets were the hot item in this dinner...we all wanted to finish them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin