Thursday, September 9, 2010

Chicken Noodle Soup


More vegetable use! I had some leftover celery from a shrimp salad recipe (I forgot to take a picture, so I'll have to blog on it another time) as well as two huge bags of carrots from the last couple rounds of the CSA. I had leftover chicken broth from pasta earlier in the week...AND....my husband came home from the warehouse club with a rotisserie chicken...time for soup!

The weather really turned cool in Wisconsin. One day we had hot and humid weather and the next day we had fall like temperatures. Also, my daughter isn't a fan of sandwiches in her lunch, so I thought some individual servings of soup may be a nice lunch option.

That's it...it seems too easy to even talk about. I sauteed the vegetables(1/2 red onion, carrots, and celery) and added broth and noodles. I had some fresh tarragon from the shrimp salad recipe listed above, so I threw that in too. The large white chunks are pieces of parboiled turnips from a box earlier this summer. I ate a bit of it for lunch and will probably freeze some; although, I just may see how much we have in the next couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin