Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Shrimp Pasta

This is a family favorite that I have adapted from a recipe I once found somewhere, but for the life of me, I don't know where! It is a favorite of mine because it is quick and easy! I made it the other night when I was short on time but wanted a decent family meal.

1 lb pasta, any kind, I usually use bow-tie(picture is half bow-tie, half whole grain rotini)
1 lb shrimp, cleaned
olive oil
lemon zest
1-2 T lemon juice
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2-1 bottle clam juice(or chicken broth)
2-3 T chopped marinated sun-dried tomatoes
Feta or Parmesan cheese

Cook pasta according to directions until al dente(it will be added to shrimp mixture and cook again). Saute garlic in 1-2 tablespoons olive oil, until softened, add shrimp and cook until pink. Stir in sun dried tomatoes, lemon juice and lemon zest, cook for 1-2 minutes. Add pasta and clam juice and continue cooking until liquid is absorbed and pasta has taken on a reddish hue. Serve with feta or Parmesan cheese, your choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin