Sunday, September 26, 2010

Apple Puff Pancake



Yum!
This is a favorite breakfast for our family in the fall and winter. I made it on a Sunday morning before going for a run and left it out until I returned. Then, all I had to do was bake it.

I have to say that my swimmer had 5..yep, that's right....5 servings of this. So, although the recipe says that it serves 6-8 in our house it was gone after one meal. The three of us wiped out the entire pan.

My mom gave me the recipe years ago and it has been modified since then. I'll give you my version:

Apple Puff Pancake
6 eggs
1 1/2 c. milk (skim is fine)
1 c. flour
3T. sugar
1t vanilla
1/2 t. cinnamon
Whir all of the above in a blender.
Meanwhile,
Melt 4 T. butter in a 9"X13" pan at 425 degrees. When the butter melts add 4 apples, sliced to the pan. Return to the oven until the butter sizzles. Try not to let the apples brown. Remove pan from oven and pour the batter over the apples. Bake 20 minutes or so...until puffed and brown.

The original recipe said to sprinkle it with brown sugar before baking. I usually omit this step. As you can see from the picture, it is delicious with sour cream (just happened to have some leftover) and fresh raspberries and maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin