Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Chicken Broccoli Pasta


I'm not sure where I got this recipe...but it does get rave reviews from my family! I made it this week when I need something in a hurry. School started....I'm back to work...and Eleanor was at swim practice, so I needed a quick and healthy meal!

Chicken Broccoli Pasta
2T. butter
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bit size pieces
1 small onion, finely chopped
2T. minced garlic
1/4t red pepper flakes
2t. dried thyme leaves
2t. flour
1 c. white wine
2 c. chicken broth
1 1/2 lb broccoli
1/2 lb past
1 c. Asiago
1c sun dried tomatoes, hydrated
1 lemon, cut into wedges

Cook pasta adding the broccoli toward the end of cooking time. Drain.
In separate pan melt 1 T butter and cook the chicken. Transfer it to a bowl.
Add 1 T. butter. Add onin and cook 2-3 minutes. Stir the ingredients into the pan through the flour and cook for 30 seconds. Add wine and broth and simmer until mixture is reduced to 1 1/4 c or so (15 minutes).
Stir all ingredients together into pasta bowl and serve.

This was a meal that was fairly quick to put together and was a crowd pleaser.

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin