Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Smoky Spanish-Style Pan Roast

Dinner! August seemed to fly by with very little time left to blog about food and recipes. I returned from my most recent vacation last night and was ready to eat at home.

This recipe came to me from my running friend, and I was waiting for the right evening to make it.

Before leaving on vacation I had received some green beans in the CSA box, so I had blanched them and put them in the freezer. Tonight was the night to get them out and make this recipe from Cooking Light magazine obtained through myrecipes.com. the original recipe can be found by clicking the title of this blog and typing in the name of the recipe. I did follow the recipe; however, I found that I was out of paprika, so I used Penzey's BBQ3000 blend which had paprika has the 2nd ingredient. I just couldn't run to the store another time today.

The reviews on this were good from both husband and daughter. Just looking at this pretty picture I loved it before even tasting it....but it was tasty as well.

I'm not quite ready for fall foods, so I hope to have a bit more time left to catch up for August...the missing month for me.

1 comment:

  1. I made this for dinner tonight...I had pole beans from my CSA and a green pepper, so I substituted a bit...It was tasty, and easy!

    ReplyDelete

pin