Thursday, June 2, 2011

Summer Grain Salad

Bulgur
Vegetables before grain added
Summer is slowly arriving and so are all the CSA vegetables...in the past two weeks I have gotten lots of radishes and greens, including summer sorrell. Radishes are not a big hit in our house and I had no idea what to do with the sorrell, so I made something up! My daughter loves pasta salads but has recently really fallen in love with Quinoa.  I made two different versions of this salad this week and learned that anything goes! One version had Quinoa as the grain, the other had Bulgur.  The vegetables were pretty much the same, but I think anything crunchy would work...
Quinoa

1-11/2 cups uncooked grain(pasta, quinoa, bulgur etc) cooked in water or chicken broth according to directions
approximately 1/4 cup each finely diced...
garlic leek
scallion
radish
carrot
red, yellow peppers
celery
or whatever you have on hand

finely chopped herbs (I used fresh oregano and chive)
2-3 sorrell leaves finely chopped

Dressing

Juice of one lemon
1/4 cup olive oil
1 T dijon mustard
salt and pepper

Mix everything together, toss in some feta cheese(if desired) and enjoy!

Print Page
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin