Monday, June 6, 2011

Onion Pizza with Ricotta and Chard

This week was the last week of the Spring Share from my CSA...we got 4 heads of lettuce, a bag of spinach, swiss chard as well as a Bok choy type leafy green. We also got Kale, Mizuna, arugula and other green leafy things I wasn't familiar with. I was feeling a bit overwhelmed, especially since I hadn't done anything with the kale from the week before!. I quickly "processed" the kale, some spinach, the mizuna and a few of the other leafy greens and froze them to use as spinach in quiche and other dishes throughout the summer and next fall. I do like the taste of Chard, so I went searching for a recipe. I found this on the New York Times website and it turned out great! Onion Pizza with Ricotta and Chard was part of a Fitness and Nutrition article that specifically talked about the health benefits of Chard.


This recipe reminded me of Pizzaladiere, a pizza-like dish that is popular in the south of France. The cheese makes it different than the French version, but overall it is a great dish. The family agreed that it doesn't really make for a pizza meal, but it would be great as an appetizer,





Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin