Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Chicken Marbella



This is a favorite at our house. I love the Silver Palate Cookbook and think this is one of the best recipes from that book. I believe that it was their signature recipe at one time....and maybe it still is. Eleanor asked for this recipe to be served for her birthday for many many years. I usually make double what the link suggests...maybe just because we love it so much.

The amount of garlic called for in this recipe is not a misprint and it does taste great when you add it all. And, just think about how good that garlic is for your body. Not sure I believe these claims, but it does taste good and maybe, just maybe there is some truth to these claims.

A nice thing about this recipe is that it can be made ahead of time and it is best served at room temperature. It looks best garnished with cilantro or parsley, but I didn't have that this week when I made it. I have used boneless skinless chicken breasts as well as regular chicken pieces...both are good. Often I will use the entire jar of capers since I don't usually want 1/2 jar of capers leftover.

It IS a classic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin