Sunday, June 19, 2011

Mocha Spice Cake

I think this cake is my litmus test for taste. I made this cake at a former workplace and NO ONE ate it preferring the day old grocery store doughnuts that someone else brought in. Really? I had made this cake for my birthday with whipped cream and freshly sliced strawberries and another birthday person brought grocery store doughnuts picked up the night before. At the end of the day when I went to collect my pan, the cake was there minus the piece I ate. And all the doughnuts were gone before noon. At that point I figured I was working with people with ZERO taste, so I wasn't going to take in treats anymore. The place I had worked before loved this as a springtime treat.

Am I sounding a bit angry? I really wasn't since I got to take my treat home and enjoy it. This year, in my new workplace, I took fruit and lemon curd. People ate that and seemed to enjoy it, so I may try this cake another time.

The picture above shows it with chocolate frosting since it's a versatile recipe and tastes good that way too. The recipe is from Cafe Brenda, a Minneapolis vegetarian restaurant that is no longer operating but had great food and atmosphere for a number of years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin