Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Pumpkin Marble Cheesecake


This was on our table on Thanksgiving.

I have a cheesecake cookbook from long ago, Philadelphia Cheese Cheesecakes, that my mom gave me for a gift at a bridal shower for me along with a springform pan. I have made many many of the recipes over the years but was thinking about this one for Thanksgiving.

One of the swim coaches was talking about pumpkin pie...and the conversation turned to cheesecake. I guess he asked the kids if they like pumpkin cheesecake and Eleanor told him that she had never had it. Hmmm...maybe I haven't made it in a few years. I used to have a recipe that used oreos for the crust and remember that being a good recipe also.

I omitted the pecans due to an allergy, so this is what I made:
1 1/2 c gingersnap crumbs
1/4 c butter (probably used a bit less...maybe 2-3 T)

Combine and press into bottom of 9" springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.

Combine:
2-8 oz packages cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 c sugar
1 t vanilla
Add 3 eggs mixing well after adding each one. Reserve 1 c batter.
Add 2 T sugar (original recipe said 1/4 c), 1 c pumpkin, 3/4 t cinnamon, 1/4 t nutmeg to remaining batter. I think I did it the opposite this time and added the pumpkin and spices to the reserved batter....oh well...it was still good.

Alternate layers over crust and cut through batters with a knife for the marble effect.
Bake at 350 for 55 minutes. Loosen cake from rim of pan, cool, remove rim..then chill.


Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin