Thursday, December 9, 2010

Fiesta Chicken Salad with Lime Cilantro Vinaigrette


For Christmas we were having a potluck lunch at work. Since I work at a Catholic hospital I feel pretty comfortable in calling it a Christmas party rather than a holiday party. Regardless, I'm new to this department (not a new job, just a transfer of labor) and wanted to make something good but still festive. Since I'm part-time I missed the first day of sign up and many categories were taken, and I did want to take something that wasn't in a filled category, is tasty, and not too fat/sugar laden. I love this salad and am always looking for an excuse to make it.

The link above will take you to the original recipe, which is a great dinner salad option. Since I was making this as part of a potluck I did not use the chicken or the avocado. I have used black beans in it to make it a bit more substantial.

In fact, it is so good I am thinking I'll make it again for the coaches' room at the swim meet next weekend.

I'm remembering that this is from a long ago BonAppetit and the entire meal was good; however, I think this is the only recipe we decided was card-worthy.

And, I LOVE my new department for the fun people, the great white elephant gifts, and the yummy potluck. This is a group that should have more potluck lunches....'cause these are good cooks!

Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin