Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Granola


As we have mentioned in the past, Karen's and my daughter swim and swim and did I mention swim? One of the swimmers on the US Olympic Team, Garrett Weber-Gale, trained at the Walter Schroeder Aquatic Center as a teenager, the same pool our daughters currently call their swimming home. Garrett is a bit of a foodie (he just spent several weeks traveling in France and  cooking with French chefs) and he has his own blog dedicated to both food and athleticism, athleticfoodie.com.

I have been in a blogging rut, mainly because I have had difficulty coming up with new recipes...today I decided to start looking "outside of the box" for recipes. I saw a post on facebook from athletic foodie(they are on facebook and you can join the group) for Garrett's Freestyle Granola.  I decided I would just make it! Something new and different in the kitchen for breakfast or snacks especially with Christmas break starting.

I had all the ingredients on hand( including a box of oatmeal from Costco that will last me until 2012) so I decided to take Garrett's advice and double the recipe.  I did make a few changes, I used half craisins and half golden raisins simply because I had golden raisins that needed to be used up and I didn't have the pepitas so I just omitted them.  After drizzling the sauce over the dry ingredients I realized I had also accidentally omitted the vanilla.  Even with the changes and omissions, the finished product is great!


Print Page
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin